KHARKIV NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Malaya Institute of Therapy, Shapoval Regional Clinical Centre of Urology and Nephrology, etc. They became the basis for scientific and medical work of our University Departments in these fields.
In 1951, the University started training of foreign students. By now, the University has trained more than 3,600 specialists for different countries of the world.
In 1994, by a Decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Kharkov Medical Institute served as the basis for founding Kharkiv State Medical University; the latter received the highest 4th category by results of its accreditation and fully justifies it today. In 2007 our University received the National status.
- Is a member of the international association of universities, registered under unesco;
- Has 8 faculties: 1ST – medical, 2ND – medical, 3RD – medical, 4TH – medical, stomatological, 5TH and 6TH – medical faculties for training foreign students; these faculties graduate doctors with the education-qualification level of a specialist in such specialities as general medicine, paediatrics, preventive medicine, stomatology; the faculty of postgraduate training provides continuous development of doctors’ skills during all their professional activity;
- Has 65 departments, whose faculty numbers 803 specialists in sciences and pedagogy; of them, there are 130 doctors of medical science, professors and 446 candidates of medical science, associate professors;
- Trains over 7,000 students, interns, masters, clinical postgraduates, postgraduates and doctoral candidates, more than 2,100 of them being foreign citizens from 70 countries of europe, asia, africa and america;
- Has the following personnel potential: 5 corresponding members of the national academy of medical sciences of ukraine, 17 honoured workers of science and engineering of ukraine, 2 honoured workers of higher school of ukraine, 8 winners of state prize of ukraine in the fields of science and engineering, 13 honoured doctors of ukraine, 28 members of the state and public academies of ukraine;
Is a modern multi-type
educational establishment with its powerful scientific, material and technical
basis, which includes: 6 education-research-production units; 2 research
institutes, such as the research institute of occupational hygiene and
occupational diseases of khnmu and the ukrainian institute of clinical genetics
of khnmu; the university