ZAPOROZHYE STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Its history dates back to the Higher Courses for Women, organized in Odessa in 1903.
In 1959, the school moved from Odessa Zaporozhye in Zaporizhzhya and renamed the Institute of Pharmacy, and in 1969 – in Zaporozhye Medical Institute.
In 1994, the media got the status of state medical university IV level of accreditation, whose main task isthe provision of higher education to the level of specialist, bachelor’s and master’s degrees and post-graduate training in the internship, master, postgraduate, doctoral and professional development ofphysicians, pharmacists and pharmacists.
For staffing University is in the top three public medical schools: as of June 30, 2013 at the University operates 615 teachers, including 104 doctors and professors and 417 associate professors and candidates of science.Among university scientists Academician of NAS of Ukraine, 46 members of international academies and international scientific societies, eight Honored Scientist of Ukraine, have been awarded the Ukraine, the six winners of prizes Sciences of Ukraine, laureate of the President of Ukraine, two Laureates of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, four Honoured Doctor of Ukraine, two scholars Cabinet for young scientists.