LUGANSK STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
In 1998 the university opened the pharmaceutical and dental faculties. Faculty
also operates postgraduate training students.
University maintains active international activity. Students from the Middle East (Iran, Iraq ) , Africa (Ghana , Nigeria , Egypt , Libya, Morocco ) and Southeast Asia (India, Malaysia, Singapore ) . University trains doctors of various specialties , pharmacists .
- Voroshilovgradsky State Medical Institute
- Lugansk State Medical Institute
State Establishment “Lugansk State Medical University” SE LSMU. Established on 6 May 1956, and currently, the university is a powerful educational – scientific and medical complex that includes medical and biological boarding schools, gymnasium, classrooms in remote areas of the region, and six faculties. The University enrolled nearly 3,000 students, including foreigners from more than 60 countries. The School has 40 departments, among them – 22 clinical and 18 theoretical. Postgraduate education is on the faculty of postgraduate education, where there are 6 chairs. Diploma studies based on the application of modern educational technologies aimed at improving the quality and effectiveness of the learning process. The university employs 400 teachers, among them 76 doctors of sciences, professors, 288 candidates of sciences, associate professors, 9 Honored Science and Technology and one Honored Worker of Education of Ukraine, 5 winners of the State Prize of Ukraine, two experts LHC.
The University was founded in 1956, according to the Council of Ministers Decree number 2522 of May 6, 1956 when he was called Voroshylovgrad State Medical Institute. The first rector was the acting chief physician of the regional hospital named after Dzerzhinsky, Honored Doctor of Ukraine Ivan D. Vashenko.
He was succeeded by Eugene Palchevskiy Gnatovych, who led the Institute from 02/25/1957 to 25/05/1960 R., MD, professor, graduated from Kyiv Medical Institute, a member of the Second World War. Under his leadership, began implementation of the first academic staff and students of the Institute, opened the Academic Council and the Student Society.
Povelitsya Theodore D. – led the Institute from 25/05/1960 to 18/11/1963 was PhD, Associate Professor. He graduated from the Kharkov Medical First hygienic Institute (1933-1936 gg.)He was involved in the fighting on the fronts of World War II. Much attention is paid to the development of clinical site of the institute.