KIEV NATIONAL MEDICAL ACADEMY OF POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION

History

The Kiev Institute of Advanced Training of Physicians, nowadays the National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education (NMAPE) named after P.L. Shupyk, one of the first academic and research institutions of Ukraine, was founded in 1918, in the period of the Ukrainian State system, in the time of revival of Ukrainian education, science and technology.

The institute got a new qualitative status in the year of the fifth anniversary of Ukrainian independence after the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine had issued the Resolution “On the formation of Kiev Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education” (13 May 1996), according to which the Academy was considered to be an educational institution of a new type and a higher IV level of accreditation.

In 1998, according to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine the Academy was given the name of an outstanding statesman and scientist, professorPlaton L. Shupyk who twice was the Minister of Health of Ukraine. He contributed greatly to the development of the academy material, educational and scientific base.

In 2006, the academy acquired a national institution status according to a decree of the president of Ukraine.